Tuesday, March 30, 2010

' For where I am , so you shall also be "

         
                                              I can't believe it is already spring ! It was a holiday filled with wonderment when I was growing up . Coloring eggs , Easter baskets , getting a new dress ,gloves and shoes and then the day arrived and after church the family would head to Torreya park and down by a creek the eggs would be hidden and found , a tin foil wrapped egg would be the prize egg and a picnic would ensue . They were wonderful times and I hope my daughter Lu has good memories like mine . These days I look at Easter totally different , I bask in a different light ...... it is the love of a Father who gave up his son so I may have eternal life and the precious Savior who finally whispered , " It is done " as he gave up his spirit . I am humbled and awed by this , such love ! The exhilaration of finding the tin foil wrapped egg , well .... it's nothing compared to finding the precious gift that God gave us , the gift of Jesus . May God bless your Easter and may you find your prize too! xxoo  Susanne

No comments:

Post a Comment