Thursday, March 11, 2010

Great things He hath done

              " It's not what you look at that matters , its what you see "  Henry David  Thoreau
  I took a long walk the other day and saw the world through different eyes . I had just found out that a dear friend's father was found with three cancerous tumors on the base of his brain . Things haven't been sounding good and this dear family is trying to hold it all together and trying to just be there . We all are holding our breath to find out what happens next , so I got out for fresh air and a little prayer . All that I had on my mind was possible death , hard decisions , big tears rolling down the face of this dear family ........ but on that walk , all I could see around me was life , the earth's birthing pains , God's gentle hand in creating . In Ecclesiastes , Solomon talks about life and for everything there is a season , the giving and taking , the cycles of life and death , the laughter and tears , the time to labor and a time to rest . God in his infinite wisdom and mercy has thought of everything , no stone left unturned . All I know is that I would rather Him make the decisions , His will be done , even though I don't understand why . He created the stars and the starfish and the wild violets that are peeking out in perfect timing , I put my trust in Him . In Love,  Susanne
                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment