Sunday, March 7, 2010

the call of the siren



I just got back from a much needed vacation to the beautiful Gulf Coast . It was still very chilly but so clear and so beautiful ! While there I had to visit my favorite place in the world , Apalachicola . The t-shirts say " A quaint drinking village with a fishing problem " , but I call it wonderful . It is a small town  with much history ,  some real characters and  beautiful old homes such as this one .  It is famous for its delicious oysters , and we did partake .... ! It is a place to go to remember what "Old Florida " was like where  palmettos and palms cohabitate with sandy pines . and people look you in the eye and say hello . I love the slow pace and the very southern feel  there that I grew up with and the fact that many artists flock there to be inspired and to just get away from it all . I go there for inspiration myself  , see new and old things ...... and the soft shell crab sandwiches don't hurt !  Until next time - Susanne

2 comments:

  1. sounds like a blast mama. you should totally work for the apalach chamber of commerce! love you!

    ReplyDelete