Wednesday, February 10, 2010

it runs in the family

                                    " A good home must be made, not bought "  Joyce Maynard


                                 I spent a wonderful weekend with my 91 year old grandmother. She is an incredible lady and I am still learning from her everytime I am with her . She grew up in a different time, very genteel, mannered..... and the pace was much slower . She knows the art of conversation and uses darling phrases like  "over yonder  " and " my word , you don't say " .... just darling . I inherited her love of home and yard and her sense of color is outstanding . At Easter , out comes her Ukranian eggs and others from her trips around the world, Spring arrangements pop up overnite,  In October Fall pumpkins and scarecrows show up ... I love that she celebrates every season so wonderfully . Her name is Mary Caroline , so named because her mother was from South Carolina and her beloved father from North Carolina ....... and I want to be just like her when I grow up . Till next time xxxooo Susanne

2 comments:

  1. oh mama! what a lovely post! you know i share that love of blue glass in the windows too. it's cool there are three of us to carry that on. i love you and this is my favourite post yet. so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks honey, it runs in the family ,does it not ?

    ReplyDelete