Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Is it Spring yet ?

                              " Just living is not enough . One must have sunshine , freedom , and a liitle flower"
                                 Hans Christian Anderson

                               I hope you all had a wonderful Valentines Day . Mine was spent outside gardening in the beautiful , sunny weather , a rare thing in February I can assure you ! It made me start thinking about the Spring and all the things I want to do in the yard . With all my shade I have a lot of hydrangeas . My favorite is the Oakleaf with its big , white frowsy blooms.....may do more of those . I also have the long blooming ones that were still blooming in November , very soft shades of blue , pink , bridal white that has a hint of pink..... very pretty . The Lace Cap variety is very dainty and pretty , one year I had close to 100 blooms on one bush , it was unreal . But this is a far- off dream , for now I will have to be content with my coral pink Gerbera Daisies from the Fresh Market and keep planning my summer yard . Have a great day . xxoo  Susanne

No comments:

Post a Comment