Sunday, February 21, 2010

art saves lives

" I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way ..... things I had no words for ".  Georgia O'keefe  

                             I have enjoyed art ever since I can remember . My earliest memory was at the Seven Seas restaurant in Panama City . I remember looking up from our table , I was probably only 5 or 6 and seeing the most beautiful thing hanging on the wall ...... a painting ! I was mesmerized and very impressed . Color and pattern keep my creative thing going , be it painting , pottery, fabrics , you name it . That would explain the crafting supplies I keep in two rooms ....... I can't help it . After the loss of two family members last year my life took a turn I was not fully prepared for ....... I journaled , I cried , and then I started painting. It didn't matter what the subject , as long as there was lots of color and movement . I then discovered quilting and I have fallen in love with that . It may be something different next month,  but as long as I am creatiing I am becoming myself again . God isn't finished with me yet ! Till next time.xxoo Susanne

1 comment:

  1. you are cool mama. i'm proud of you. and i have your paintings all over my house!

    ReplyDelete