Sunday, October 2, 2011

Happy Birthday Danielson

                 Today is a bittersweet day for me , and I guess it will always be .  It is my  youngest brother Daniel's birthday , he would have been 47 years old .  He passed away two and a half years ago by suicide and I still can't believe he is gone  .This is a picture of my Aunt Jane and Dan in Picadilly Square in London in the early 70's . Unbeknownst to us ,on this same trip , Dan decided that he wanted to ride the underground by himself and when he couldn't remember which was his stop , he just kept on going ! Mama thought he was with Dad , and Dad thought he was with her ........ well , it was an adventure for all of us . Dan always had such a sense of adventure and he never knew a stranger , I loved that about him . After our Dad passed away in '98 , Dan always wanted to visit his grave on this day , so he and I would pack a fried chicken lunch , stop and get flowers and spend 6 hours driving to and from the site . We would talk and catch up , smoke cigarettes and just be an older sister and her little brother together . So , this was  Dan .... a marine , a lover of country music , a wicked sense of humor , a sweet shy smile , maker of a mean pot of boiled peanuts , loved his family ,  and we loved him . I pray his sweet soul is at rest and he is safely in the arms of Jesus . xxxooo , Suzanne

1 comment:

  1. I couldnt imagine losing my brother... you are such a strong woman, and my thoughts and prayers are with you. Hope you have a better rest of the week <3

    Janna

    ReplyDelete