Sunday, January 23, 2011

Are you sure I'm not 29 ?


                                                                 I still can't believe my baby is turning 29 in a few short weeks. I still feel 29 myself , though the Olay Regenerist products that line my vanity are an indication of otherwise !  When I was 24 , I packed her , myself and our few belongings and moved away from Tennessee and back to Florida . How did I get so brave and strong to do the things I needed to do ? I guess survival is the strongest instinct , you just do what you have to do . My then 2 year old was, and is, the most precious thing to me .We found our dear B along the way and got married , and now Lu is a happily married lady herself. I wish my Mom could see her now . Just like Mom , Lu is outspoken , very southern , loves a great shoe , is all wrapped up in leopard skin , and loves her family . One day she and her hubby will also pack up their belongings , their little dog Seven , and will venture out into the big ole world . Until then ,we will laugh , drink a little wine together , and break bread together every Thursday nite . God bless you and yours , Suz

Deut . 1: 31  "  The Lord your God carried you , as a man carries his son , in all the way you went until you came to this place ."

1 comment:

  1. you are an incredible lady, dear mama. i love you so.

    ReplyDelete