Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I know the plans I have for you ....


The Soniat courtyard
 This courtyard is one I am very familiar with , the Soniat in the residential part of the French Quarter in New Orleans . My mom and I stayed here on one of my many post surgery visits to the city . I love the old southern architecture with a french flair , the open staircases that lead up to a hallway of rooms , the breakfast of piping hot cafe au lait and crossiants that are delivered to the rooms each morning . It is quite beautiful . I'm happy to see it flourish after Hurricane Katrina hit years ago . I have been thinkiing and praying for the people suffering up in New England with Irene . I know it is devastating , its seems like everything familiar is gone to them , but one thing remains constant and neverchanging and that is God's love for us and what has been done for us . God doesn't cause these things to happen , but he equips us to get through things , he gives us the resources and gifts we need to persevere and flourish again . I pray for these people and others that are homeless , alone , sick , or just need  a shoulder to lean on ........ God's grace is there if we just open our eyes . God bless your week .xxoo, Suz

No comments:

Post a Comment