Thursday, March 10, 2011

Planting in faith

            I don't know about you but here in Florida spring is here . The dogwoods are in bloom , the azaleas are just opening , the snow drops are here , its just beautiful ! My backyard is in dire need of some work , woefully I did not step out there most of the cold winter and the spring weeds are incredible . I have plans , gardening on the cheap , planting seeds , I want to make some yard art , so much to do before the heat gets here . I can't wait to share pictures of what is going on out there . We also want to do raised beds such as these for some vegetables and herbs . My mom always had a winter garden with her greens , I loved that about her . She planted in faith and she was richly rewarded . Her gardens were legendary , I will find a pic and share soon . I am not the gardener that she was , I am a different gardener ..... the kind on canvas .  Where I leave off out in the yard , I try to pick up with my pots of paint . Anyway , I hope you are having a delightful spring wherever you are . God bless your week .xxoo Suz

                                                                                           picure from potager

3 comments:

  1. what a nice way to describe your art, mama! i have some seeds to germinate as well. canteloupe, lettuces, radishes (for the fraggles, of course), and sunflowers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good morning sweet susanne!
    i love that your daughter was in the vera catalog!!
    i had saved the seaside issues for a couple years but can't find them....would love to see her picture
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suz, your paintings are a mere reflection of a beautiful person inside you. They are very happy an colorful like you!. I'm so glad you found your medium to express yourself (and make money while you are at it). I can't wait to see more of your work. Love ya!. Letty.

    ReplyDelete