Friday, October 22, 2010

tradition


                                                                   Looking at this picture should make me want to lose 50 pounds but what I see when I ponder this is how fortunate I have been in this life .As I prepare a meal for my new in laws and bride and groom I am filled with so much nostalgia . This is the kitchen that I grew up in , where I lost my sweet mother and brother soon after . This is where I let Lulu and my husband make the biggest mess ever baking Christmas cookies and they were so funny and happy . This is where I have had graduation parties , for me and later my Lulu , this is home . It is more than a place to lay my head , it is my nest . I hope as my chick leaves the nest she will have learned to love home and more importantly , the people who abide in it . God has been gracious and loving to me and mine , I praise his holy name . xxoo Suz

3 comments:

  1. that is beautiful susanne!!

    thank you for the idea about the velvet cording! i love that!!!
    i hope to get the project started & to an upholsterer sometime in november. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i do love our nest mama. and you have instilled a great love of certain traditions in me. the most important ones, methinks. i love you tremendously!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I came across your blog! It looks great!! Oh, and no need to loose weight... You look great.. me on the other hand.. I have been eating candy for 5 days straight.

    ReplyDelete