Wednesday, April 21, 2010

in the dirt

    Sorry , no pictures because a missing charger for my camera . I feel naked with out pictures, but here goes. I have been working in the garden for the past couple of weeks and am enjoying the close commune with  God's beautiful creation . I have planted 5 oakleaf hydrangeas , a bunch of impatiens , some blue eyed grass and lots of seeds . The seeds are my favorite because you have to wait , no instant gratification , just plant and see ! I hopefully will see zinnias , cosmos , nastursiams ( wow , that spelling ) and caladiums . When I'm not in the garden , I have been cutting out a new quilt , with soft bleached out beach colors . I was inspired by a recent trip to the coast via Hwy 98 . Saw the seaside towns of Gratin , Alys beach , Seaside and Watercolor . I hate all the crowds but loved the old cottages , palmettos , beach towels hanging out and flipflops everywhere I looked . So hence my seaside quilt . Well , I hope your days are beautiful and if you get a moment, go outside , breathe in deep and thank God for his artistry .xxoo, Susanne

1 comment:

  1. i liked the colours you picked out for your quilt, mama. and you describe things so nicely that you don't need a picture! i'm glad i got a bloggy treat this morning. love you!

    ReplyDelete