Saturday, July 13, 2013

The importance of a pretty night gown!

" Three Graces in nightgowns"
   
       As I sit here in a hospital with my brother Allen, keeping the night watch over my grandmother Mary..... I am wishing I had brought my nightgown. We Yates girls love our pretty night gowns and always look for a chance to put one on! My mother, who suffered from asthma would periodically be in the hospital and she could be seen sashaying down the halls of the hospital in a filmy negligee and robe with matching slippers. This used to embarrass me to no end.... but I get it now! It was pretty standard issue when we got a craving for an apple pie or a sundae at McDonalds....of course we would go through the drive through in our night gowns... thank goodness we never broke down on those late night rides! Memaw and I would be ready for bed and remember we had left a water spigot running somewhere and there we would go, in our nighties prancing around her neighborhood and usually getting hit by sprinklers! Every time my co workers/ friends go to the big metropolis of Panama City, I have to go replenish my pretty, pastel, floral nighties at Dillards because ours here do not carry my taste in night wear....... What can I say about this lovely fetish of mine? After having chest pains one night and thinking I  might not make it through the night, instead of waking up my husband...... I decided to do what I thought was paramount..... I put on a pretty night gown and threw all my journals in the trash....made perfect sense to me. Bryant wants to admit me into a psychiatric clinic when he hears stories like this.... all I know is I have the perfect nightgown to wear!!!!! xxxooo Suz   Thank you for your prayers for Memaw. She is in the palm of God's mighty hand!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment